Moderator: longfxukxnhair

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Quick question

Postby guitarest » 23 Jan 2011, 10:48

So I am very active in the local band scene and such and after 4 months I have finally been relieved of playing bass so I can go back to guitar since I am primarily a lead player and have been for 30 years. I jumped on bass so we could keep our gigs that we committed too since our previous flaky bass player just stopped showing up.

So I am using a talkbox in front of the amp (its a banshee and I love this unit have had it 5 years now) and a 12 year old Crybaby in the loop. I have the eq mostly backed off the highs, and presence and the guitar roars and sounds great without the wah engaged but once I turn it on the wah sounds real thin. Now going through other amps like my other Marshalls, 5150, even my twin Tech21 Trademark 60's the wah sounds great.

This is a head and a 1960A pre JCM800 cab with greenbacks and sounds fantastic with any amp.

Any ideas?

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Quick question

Postby Beck-Ola » 23 Jan 2011, 12:45

guitarest wrote:So I am using a talkbox in front of the amp (its a banshee and I love this unit have had it 5 years now) and a 12 year old Crybaby in the loop.
You don't mean the Crybaby is in the effects loop, right? That wouldn't sound very good. Wahs usually go in the front.

If it's in the chain in front of the amp it might want its position switched around. It might be getting loaded down impedance-wise. Otherwise it should sound fine before the input.
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 24 Jan 2011, 12:23

Crybaby definately in the front input!!

Putting it into the loop is post DSP preamp processor and therefore not going to sound too good.
Still my guitar gently weeps

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Postby guitarest » 24 Jan 2011, 19:48

thanks guys........

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk