Moderator: longfxukxnhair

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Just feel the need to further rave about my JMD

Postby noise5150 » 28 Feb 2011, 11:08

I used the JMD all this past weekend especially for direct recording over some backing tracks and I continue to be more and more impressed with this amp. I just got a new MBox mini (comes with pro-tools 8) and I was recording direct over some backing tracks from http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/ and the sound is superb. Sounds like a CD. I've been adding more delay to my sound, which I'm usually weary of because of over-saturation, but the JMD really does allow for complete control over that. Through my Avatar 2x12 with V30s, its just amazing. I still love my DSL but I now have 2 solid amps that I love. My only concern is that down the road, the footswitch may wear out which would be an issue only because its proprietary and integral to the operation of the amp.

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: Just feel the need to further rave about my JMD

Postby guitarest » 28 Feb 2011, 12:15

I agree with both points in your post. Yes this is a impressive amp; and it shines live and belongs on a stage.

I have posted here about the foot switch also, and (knock on wood) the foot switch has only caused me a few issues. Only one time did it happen during a show which really threw me for a loop. I did follow the advice posted here and stopped using the Marshall supplied cord. Since then the issues have gone away; so hopefully that was the reason behind the unit not functioning properly.

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby noise5150 » 28 Feb 2011, 12:26

I haven't had a problem yet but thats good to know about the supplied cord.

malmsteen_SVK
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby malmsteen_SVK » 01 Mar 2011, 00:57

yesterday i got issue with footswitch you mentioned :wtf suddenly switch nr. 3 stopped working...... i wanted to open the footswitch and look at the strings on the switch nr. 3, but now first try to change the supplied cord...new hope for me :coool i´ll let you know if it works

anyway this amps ROCKS !!!! :jam

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 01 Mar 2011, 22:10

Mine was number 2 that stopped working, I would love to know the outcome. I know Steve who posts here is the person at Marshall behind the JMD so if we can document this maybe there is something that is in common with these errors. Even though its different buttons its the same result issue the amp channel stops switching. How old is your amp?

Jocko

malmsteen_SVK
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby malmsteen_SVK » 02 Mar 2011, 00:58

yea, it will be sure the same error for the footswitches... yours was nr. 2 , mine nr. 3, but the error was identical :think suddenly no chance to switch to the channel (nr. 2 or 3, doesnt matter) even if pedal goes off / on again...i hope this is the fault of footswitch and not the amp :scared

btw. my amp is brand new and it is 1 month old, purchased from reliable seller. They should seriously look at this error in Marshall and tell us what to do :dunno cos i often play live and i cant afford to send it back and wait a month for answer or new pedal or etc. and play without pedal...impossible for me :rip i use 4 channels and i often goes from clean channel to gain and back...i need really reliable footswitch

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:32 am --

i cant edit the post so i wanted to add that i own JMD 501 50W combo

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 02 Mar 2011, 03:45

The footswitch is the exact same hardware as used on the JVM, only the software is different. As far as we are aware there is no issue. I have spoken to our quality department who confirm this but nevertheless they say they will monitor the situation just in case.
Still my guitar gently weeps

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 02 Mar 2011, 11:26

hanks Steve I know yall will continue looking into these errors. I will add since swapping to a better quality cable I have not had the errors.

Jocko

Return to “Marshall JMD1”