Built-In Effects Modeled or Typical Implemented Effects?

JMD1 Head and Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Built-In Effects Modeled or Typical Implemented Effects?

Postby Beck-Ola » 19 Mar 2011, 13:17

Here's a question that hasn't yet been asked. Probably SteveD is the only one who knows the answer.

I'm curious as to whether the effects in the JMD were also modeled off of classic effects or are they pretty much off the shelf digital effects as would be found in an effects pedal? I'm guessing the latter although it would also be cool to model from some vintage effects.
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Re: Built-In Effects Modeled or Typical Implemented Effects?

Postby SteveD » 19 Mar 2011, 14:57

The FX were certainly compared to popular units but the final sound was simply sonic optimisation based on a sonic comitee's opinions and comments.
Still my guitar gently weeps

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Beck-Ola » 19 Mar 2011, 16:32

Thanks, Steve. :Thumbs

As subjective as I am with sound I would need a committee to help make those kind of decisions if I were a designer. From one day to another what I think sounds best varies, and given a lot of choices it can be hard to narrow them down. Must be a lot of fun though.

Like right now I have three different overdrive pedals in the chain. They all sound good in some way or other.
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 19 Mar 2011, 17:21

End result is they more then adequately covered the noise gate, reverb, delay, chorus, and tremolo on the amp. I like a different sort of flange/phase effect so if I were on the committee I would have spouted off about that but heck I not complaining, it is usable.

What other amp gives a player all the quality voices, effects and flexibility of the JMD1, NONE.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Postby guitarest » 19 Mar 2011, 18:51

The effect are OK and IMO usable although if I had been on the committee I would have put the gate on a channel itsself rather than share with the other effects. If you use the gate no other mod effects are available. Since the gate is the best effect IMO its OK.\ to share the same channel with the other mod effects.

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

Return to “Marshall JMD1”