Moderator: longfxukxnhair

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Pulled the Trigger....

Postby sunking420 » 26 Mar 2011, 20:18

I just pulled the trigger on a JMD 100watt head. Everytime I was doing research on this site, I saw more and more raves about it. Surf, Beck-Ola, and Guitarest, you guys are a bad,bad influence on me. I think we're all equally addicted to TONE!!!!! I went back and forth on whether to get a head and cab, combo, or just the head. With the combo I was thinking of replacing the speakers with Celestions, and figured that wasn't too cost effective. I've read a lot of what the owners here say about the Celestions they are running their JMD through and figure I'll use one of the 4x12's I have now until I pick up a JMD dedicated cab later. I bought new on Musician's Friend, as finding a used one was a fruitless search. Like you guys have said, there's not a lot out there as no one wants to give them up.

Well, that makes three more Marshalls in the last six months. The Class5 which I love, the VM2266 combo which at this point cannot continue living life without, and hopefully I'm totally blown away with the JMD. Looking to get some heavier Marshall tones than the VM provides, although that has become "MY" tone...

Thanks to all who answered my questions, and I'm sure I'll have a hundred more when the head gets here. Also big thanks to Chris George for the Marshall Theatre. Nice to have someone doing demos that can play a variety of styles and sounds and explain everything in a common sense manner. You rock brother....Thanks to all the Marshall family. There are now seven members in my household.....God, I'm a Marshall junkie!!!!!!

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Pulled the Trigger....

Postby surfnorthwest » 26 Mar 2011, 21:22

You are going to love the 100 watt head, congrats. Man I was running the JMD along with my TSL 100 using 2 4x12s and was getting some killer sound. There are a lot of settings posted here and on the Japanese site if you have seen it. Here is one of my go to settings

Preamp: Lead 16. Modern Pre-Amp: JVM410H

Gain: 8
Bass: 8
Middle: 3
Treble: 6
Pre Volume: 5
Modulation Adjust: Gate (all the way to 0)
Modulation Depth: 4.5
Delay Adjust: Analog (set tap tempo medium)
Delay Level: 7
Reverb: 2.5
Presence: 0
Master 6

After you have played with it for a few days give us a review.

http://www.marshallamps.jp/html_site/jm ... ta_en.html
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Postby sunking420 » 27 Mar 2011, 08:03

Thanks Surf! Your opinion was instrumental in me making this decision, as well as the Japanese video,and Chris George with the Marshall theatre. What really sold me on it is you can emulate other Marshall amps and all in one box. From what you guys have written on here, the only two amps it can't do are the Plexi and VM. Since I have a 1995yr 1959SLP Plexi reissue(main amp for 15 years) and a 2266VM Combo, not an issue. Effects wise, I've always liked things simple, using a Line6 M13 peddleboard which I've been pretty happy with. Only thing I can see using with the JMD is a tube screamer and Vox Wah. Don't know yet if I'll run that through the effects loop or up front.

I think I'll have it by the end of the week, so it'll probably be a little while to figure out all the sweet spots. After this mass acquisition of the last three Marshalls, my money is going to start going out on recording software so I can post videos. I'm 47 years old and not as computer literate as people younger than that. I'd like to rectify that now. It's a bummer when you play something perfectly and there's no tape running. I have to say one thing, music has kept me out of trouble for 30 years. Best addiction anyone can have...Again, thanks to Surf and everyone else. This is a great site. I've learned a BUNCH and it feels like belonging to the Marshall family....Thanks to all.......

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Postby guitarest » 28 Mar 2011, 12:14

Your welcome and its a great amp; I love the damn thing for sure....

Congrats

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

Return to “Marshall JMD1”