I just love dumb a***s and closed minded people......

JMD1 Head and Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

I just love dumb a***s and closed minded people......

Postby guitarest » 13 Apr 2011, 21:38

OK today I received a personal message from a member* here alerting me to the where abouts of those who are close minded and have not even the slightest clue anything about the JMD. So being a huge supporter of the amp I took a trip on the internet to a post at another forum where some one was actually asking a serious question about the JMD. Even though I had a small issue with mine I still rave about how sweet the amp is. I personally believe with all the time I have spent playing guitar, and a few gigs in the 30 plus years of playing I might actually know what I am talking about.

First there were some real supporting facts these guys provided to make the prospective buyer; I gotta say these are hard cold facts and hard to beat.

1: Only real men play tube amps
2: Your not man enough until you can handle the power of a 100 full stack; so stay home on the porch.

Ya know there is that saying about making up for other aspects of your personal being with larger purchased item to make up for smaller things.... lol

Well I decided after some though to make my thoughts be known; and either they haven't seen my reply (more likely) or they say my genuine reasons why to buy a JMD and they decided to back off (less likely). I seen one of our posters over there already, prior to me and they sure didn't like his support for the JMD so I bet they are going to love my reply...... lol

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshall-a ... d-1-a.html

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: I just love dumb a***s and closed minded people......

Postby noise5150 » 14 Apr 2011, 07:00

Yeah I saw your posting good points! That forum ins't bad but there are alot of morons over there. I prefer this forum because it seems there are more "grownups" who are open minded and have some experience. (I've been playing since I was in college 91-95). I dont want people to agree with me but I do expect that they dont form an opinion before trying the JMD. I have recorded with it direct to pro-tools many times now and when I sent it to friends they are blown away...not by my playing which is average but the tone. A friend of mine who owns a JCM900 is now looking to buy one after playing through mine a few times.

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Postby sunking420 » 14 Apr 2011, 07:28

Guitarest, the way I look at it is more for us. Same thing with the Vintage Marshall. "It doesn't go as loud as a Plexi"....No shit Sherlock. You want that kind of volume, get a Plexi. I played through one for 16 years as my main amp. I love it. Does it do everything I need it to and get all the sounds and tones I want? Hell no. Between my Plexi, JMP 2203,VMcombo,Class5 and now the JMD, I've got an infinite range of tones. I've got 4 tones programmed into the JMD that I love.(Like a moron, I didn't write down any of the settings, so I can't share. Live and learn. Setting two is damn close to Jimmy Page on the first Firm album.) As I've recently written, if I didn't know the pre-amps were digital, you'd have to waterboard me to admit there are no ECC83's in there. Just the Marshall elves as someone referred to them. I'm SUPER interested in recording lately. I have an old TASCAM cassette 4 Track that I purchased almost 20 years ago that I don't know if I want to use. A friend of mine has a computer program(a Sony music one if I remember correctly) and does things very easily. Unfortunately, he's now moved almost three hours away. Need to know about digital/computer recording and will post some questions here later. The JMD was a big step for me in using equiptment that is the future. I wouldn't give it up for nothing. As I said Guitarest, more for us later on on eBay. Some people will never get it. They will be the ones you see carrying three trunkfuls of effects to sound not as good as what we can get with a head, 4x12, a wah, a guitar cord, and a pick. Less is Best, especially when you don't have roadies!!!!!!!!

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 14 Apr 2011, 08:01

Between my Plexi, JMP 2203,VMcombo,Class5 and now the JMD, I've got an infinite range of tones.
Wow, that is one heck of an arsenal of tones. The JMD1 is my studio workhorse, simple with excellent results. I am very tired of arguing and supporting the amp to those who would dimiss it no matter what you said. I could use it in a recording and make claim that it came from the holy grail 2204 and get no argument about sounding digital.

Their lose guys, I suspect worldwide the JMD1 sales numbers are very good.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 14 Apr 2011, 08:46

Thats it in nut shell guys, I did a test here in my area and won a 12 pack of sodas (don't drink). It was a argument just like those guys and I bet a 12pack vs 6pack of beer they were talking out their ass. The amp was a Mesa triple recto and I bet they could not tell the real from a real simulation. Same guitar, same recording program and the only difference was a real head and mesa cab and my Line6 X3 Live modeled sample going through my 5150 and Marshall 1960A. Yes there was a slight difference but the expert picked the incorrect sample as the real Mesa.

The digital age has been upon us for a few years now and its scarey since the analog real is having a hard time keeping up with digital sample. Point in fact is my 05 Line6 Variax many of those samples are so damn close to the real guitars. The strat and tele sound as good as the real thing and acoustic tones are so very real sounding. I believe in technology as long as its tested and proved prior to release unlike what Gibson has done these past few years by pushing out self tuning guitars and most have had all types of issues and lets not even begin to discuss the "Guitar that will Launch a Revolution that stil has not been released" since Henry called us Gibson owners a few choice words. Nothing like disrespecting your customer base....

Jocko

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby noise5150 » 14 Apr 2011, 11:37

It all comes down to tone and feel. If a Line6 works for someone then great. One of the best sounding bands in my area I ever heard had a Line6 Spider head going through a Marshall cab. Ive played through Line6 amps and I just dont care for them up close in my basement (which is where I play). The people that knock the JMD are just dead wrong about the tone. Yes, I know tone is subjective but Ive heard enough amps in my life to know that it sounds great.....it sounds like a Marshall.

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Beck-Ola » 14 Apr 2011, 13:42

sunking420 wrote:I've got 4 tones programmed into the JMD that I love.(Like a moron, I didn't write down any of the settings, so I can't share. Live and learn. Setting two is damn close to Jimmy Page on the first Firm album.)
Hey sunking420,

Do you know you can easily find out what the settings are for any of your stored programs? No need to write anything down. Here's how.

Sweep each control back and forth. As you leave the memorized setting a red light will start blinking (telling you you've deviated from the setting). As you hit the point where the control is set in memory the red light will glow steadily for a few seconds, then go out. At this point you could write it down if you wanted.

For the delay, effects loop, and modulations it works the same, except that the respective red light will be glowing already if that function is activated in the saved program. Changing any of their settings will cause the blinking, etc. In this way you can retrieve your settings no matter how much you mess with the controls. So long as you don't go through the "save" step you can't possibly lose a setting.

You still may be a moron, but that's no excuse.

p.s. Just kidding about the moron thing. :bgrin
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 14 Apr 2011, 15:01

How do you figure out what preamp you used?
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Beck-Ola » 14 Apr 2011, 19:20

surfnorthwest wrote:How do you figure out what preamp you used?
Step on the footswitch or push the panel button to select the memory or channel you need to identify, then sweep the rotary control for the preamps and it should work the same way as a red light should start blinking, etc.
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby sunking420 » 16 Apr 2011, 07:56

Beck-Ola, no need to apologize. IQ wise, I am quite a bit over what MENSA requires(still don't mean shit to me) but I've got more than enough moron moments to make up for it. Sometimes I just don't look far enough ahead. I will definitely try that, although like Surf, while I was reading I was wondering about the Pre-Amp knob. Lately I've been busier with "real life" and not putting in the time with the JMD that I want to. In the future though I really want to be able to post, "Hey guys, try this for this Bad Company tone." There is so much to be gotten out of this beautiful, wonderful amp. Surf, you're right. With the amps I've got presently, I really never need to buy another one again. Plexi for loud, JMP 2203 for "controlled loud", Class5 for small "Mini Bluesbreaker" tone, VM2266C is what God's amp sounds like(my favorite), and the JMD is like 5 different Marshalls in one box. I figured with the JMD I don't need to consider the Mode4, JVM, Haze, 1974 and probably one more as the pre-amps are there. Even with all what the JMD does, it's the clarity of the tones that blows me away. I can't wait until I get a recording setup to use it in that capacity. Only amp purchase I still want to do is a VM 2466 and 425A and 425B. Seeing as that's my favorite out of all of them, I want the full stack. Beck-Ola, once again thanks for the tip, and hopefully I can share tones pretty soon. Rock on guys. And screw the Hybrid haters, they'll never get it anyway.......

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Beck-Ola » 16 Apr 2011, 13:19

Ha-ha, I'd never really call you a moron anyway. Just good fun. You're smart enough to make up your own mind and not worry about "the pack".

I could join Mensa if I wanted. Not interested. I'm satisfied being a "Top Ten Sperm Donor". :laugh

Enjoy that amp. I'm sure you'll be an expert in no time.

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 17 Apr 2011, 16:42

I have no idea about my IQ, although I would hope its at the very least average. I know at the very least I was smart enough to get out of the Army and join the Air Force and retired a few years ago. I love my southern accent especially living in Hartford Ct, they heard the accent and instantly I was stereotyped into putting screen doors on submarines. If people want to think I am subpar thats cool because when I need too I have a huge surprise for them, lol....

I second this......
noise5150 wrote:

The people that knock the JMD are just dead wrong about the tone. Yes, I know tone is subjective but Ive heard enough amps in my life to know that it sounds great.....it sounds like a Marshall.

Jocko

maiden666
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby maiden666 » 19 Apr 2011, 11:15

u know there is just this forum and "that one" soon as i said ive swapped my jcm900dr combo for my jmd1 they said i must be oncrack why?,this amp in MY mind is miles better than the jcm900 thats my opion ,that other forum can hiss off there childish morons :upass :moon
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye lp
Mxr Zakk Wylde overdrive
Mxr Black Label Chorus
Greg Covington treble booster(for those queen moments)

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby sunking420 » 20 Apr 2011, 10:57

You know 666, it reminds me of the old joke: How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb? Answer-5.......One to do it, and four to stand around saying "I can do that better"....Like Guitarest, I'm a friggin' Tube Amp nut,and if I can see how great the JMD1 is..........

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 20 Apr 2011, 18:51

Hey not allowed to use "friggin" since thats my word..... I'll let you slide this time....

lol

In all seriousness I have been using the 2X12 more recently and it actually appears to sound better than the 4X12 (EV 100 watt speakers @ 16ohm total load) not as sharp as the greenbacks; more mellow. Damn I'm loveing the JMD even more; curse you Jim Marshall......

Jocko

Return to “Marshall JMD1”