Moderator: longfxukxnhair

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Picked up a couple pedals at ProGuitarShops grand opening

Postby lowenzz » 02 Jan 2009, 09:10

Turns out I live about 10 minutes from them and they just opened a small showroom, It's really kinda cool to see all those fancy schmancy pedals in person. Lots of cool amps and Custom shop Fenders as well.

On to the pedals.

Retro-sonic Phaser. I can't begin to describe how cool this little guy is. Very warm and thick and can even get a little be of a vibe thing going as well. I picked up a cheesy Ibanez phase for allmost nothing not to long ago and phase became the mod I suddenly couldn't live without. That pedal was thin and flat. One chord on the Retro-Sonic phaser just blew me away. Definately in love with this one here.

Barber Direct Drive. This pedal is very interesting. NO mid hump (yay). very warm. seems to do the overdrive to light distortion. Lots of EQ possibilities with trim pots for presence and bass, and the tone knob is a push/pull mid shift type thing. Seems to do the boost thing well. Only had about 20 minutes with it so far. looking forward to exploring it more today.

The real kicker is all the stuff they gave away during the free raffle. My wifey won my a schecter super shred metel strat with active duncans. So I also got a new free guitar too. Pretty damn good day.
I will probably use the guitar as trade fodder down the road or something. fwiw, I dont really care for the actives with my VM. Granted this my first experience with actives, but they are insanely hot. put that can off bees fizziness on the high end. Not really my thing. But then again you can't really bitch when the bastard was FREE.

Later, Low
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 02 Jan 2009, 09:14

Having one of those close to where I live would be nice for trying out gear, I buy much of my gear simply on research and rarly get a chance to try it first. I agree you guys had a good day getting some booty.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 02 Jan 2009, 09:43

I agree surf, I internet research just about everything now it seems. I new what I wanted when I went in there. At least with the phaser, the drives I had a couple in mind and honestly just grabbed one of my options. 45 days to home demo it, hard to beat that.
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

Return to “Guitar Effects”