Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2

Postby surfnorthwest » 11 Jul 2009, 15:01

should be delivered next week along with their Catalyst.
Man are you ever going to be one happy camper next week then, the VM with the Mini dejavibe is just sweet, remember to place it before any overdrive you have, before everything unless you have a wah or a noise gate.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Spotted Dog » 11 Jul 2009, 22:31

surfnorthwest wrote:
should be delivered next week along with their Catalyst.
Man are you ever going to be one happy camper next week then, the VM with the Mini dejavibe is just sweet, remember to place it before any overdrive you have, before everything unless you have a wah or a noise gate.
GAAAAAAS! Damn new gear is always a blast, who can deny the visceral thrill of tweaking just one more knob! :bgrin

But, seriously, those trower vids are so inspiring, and the reviews of the pedal were strong and consistent, I just couldn't resist. I am a little surprised that guys don't seem to be putting them in the effects loop, not that I disagree, but I've read in other places that this class of effects work well in the loop.

Anyway, I picture wah pedal, dejavibe, fuzz. The Keeley Fuzz Head is the only other pedal I've found that works for me with the VM (and perfect with strats) and I'm just now reintroducing the wah. I'm convinced I'll love the wah --> vibe --> VM, and I get to compare the Fuzz Head and the Catalyst to see if they work in the chain... AND I'm looking forward to turnin' all those new knobs!
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 13 Jul 2009, 17:55

I have my MDV after my OD, what's the difference in sound? I haven't tried it before the OD but it still sounds good. :dunno
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

Green
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby Green » 14 Jul 2009, 07:49

I think you loose the Vibe, the swoosh gets similar to a phaser effect if you put the DV after drivepedals.
Vibe units got more of a bassy,deep chorus thing. If that´s what you´re after, put it before overdrives.
Trower for example, have the DV and WAH first in line :Thumbs

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Spotted Dog » 14 Jul 2009, 19:30

Great info guys! Makes sense after reading the comments. I'll be plugging it in on Thursday eve.

So Faze are you running your MJM Fuzz in the chain with the MDV and your Zs?
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Spotted Dog » 15 Jul 2009, 06:16

faze wrote:Yes I actually have my set up as follows MDV-Clyde Deluxe-MJM London fuzz-Fulltone Catalyst-lovepedal E-6-Korg Pitch Black tuner-Catalinbread Ottava Magus-Moog Analog Delay- Dr Z's . This set has worked well for me. The MDV first in the signal chain made no sense once so ever too me but Mike Fuller was right.
The E-6 with the MDV is a pefect combination. Sometimes I will also use the MJM Fuzz stacked with these to pedals as well.
I played my new Catalyst with the VM for the first time last night. I can see potential, but the jury's still out on this one... the orange color is cool.

Fuggle
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby Fuggle » 15 Jul 2009, 10:03

faze wrote:
Green wrote:I think you loose the Vibe, the swoosh gets similar to a phaser effect if you put the DV after drivepedals.
Vibe units got more of a bassy,deep chorus thing. If that´s what you´re after, put it before overdrives.
Trower for example, have the DV and WAH first in line :Thumbs
+1 Guitar Player had a article in it with Trower and he was quoted as saying Mike Fuller at Fulltone advised him to
change his set up this way. For years I had it the other way around with my distortion before the vibe and could never
get that thick UnI Vibe sound I was after then when when I read the article and made the change I really liked the tone much better. :Thumbs
I can confirm that Robin had his DV first in the chain at last week's gig at the Filmore in SF that I was lucky enough to attend (He also had 2 VM's which I reported last week).
:Thumbs
Les Paul Standard with Lollar Imperials
78 Strat with Fralin Pickups
2006 Strat with Fralin Pickups
Mesa Boogie F-50
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960aCab (JCM800)
Marshall 425a Cab

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Spotted Dog » 17 Jul 2009, 04:28

LOVE it, one of the best pedal purchases I've made. :Thumbs :Thumbs

Return to “Guitar Effects”