Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Hellhound
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

You Tube Vids

Postby Hellhound » 12 Jan 2011, 05:14

Well I've had a go at recording the AFD using the Zoom Q3HD. I had the sound quality up full and video on the lowest setting. Apologies for the mistakes with my playing. It's the first time I've recorded myself and I got Red Light Syndrome, Doh!

Slither - All amp settings on 7 except Power control 10 oclock, Gain on full. 34 mode most of the time switched to AFD later on.

Power Control Demo - All settings on 7. Power control starts at 9 oclock and I tease it up to 12 oclock. Demo for both modes. Be careful if you are using headphones. I must have set something wrong on the zoom because there are volume spikes before the zoom limiter kicks in.

Guitar volume and gain control - Tried using mainly the neck pick up here and changing the sound using the volume on guitar. I've tried to leave a slight pause between each change.
Marshall Haze 40
Marshall VM2466
Gibson Les Paul Classic - Burstbucker 2 - bridge, Slash Pro - Neck
1960a Vintage 4x12
TC Electronic Polytuner
Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless System
Radial Engineering ABY Pedal
Cry Baby Wah

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: You Tube Vids

Postby Mats A » 12 Jan 2011, 10:12

Thanks sounds good even though it´s recorded from a distance and a bit from the side of the cab if i´m correct. You tend to lose some of the warmth that way I think.

-- Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm --

Isn´t the amp a bit trebly sounding. A bit like 80´s and 90´s AC/DC. They had a much warmer sound in the 70´s. Is a tone like that possible from the AFD?

Bountyhunter
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: You Tube Vids

Postby Bountyhunter » 17 Jan 2011, 14:28

I like the amp. The vids are cool, thanks! :Cheers
The fact that my playing sounds like shit to you, makes it even more fun for me.

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”