Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Removal of Slash Logo?

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 21 Dec 2010, 16:11

Mr. Mother Head wrote:Wouldn't want to piss off a fellow forum member. If it upsets you that much I'll promise you this: if I buy one I won't remove the logo. 1 of 2400 saved, Slashwannabe. :truce
As I've said its got nothing to do with Slash either... just the rarity :Thumbs

I'd probably be a little dead inside if somebody did that to an Eddie Van Halen signature Peavy lol and I only mildly like Van Halen and hate Peavys!...I actually don't mind their solid state PA's but oh well you get the point.

-- Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:19 pm --
Road King Police wrote:Instead of cartoon hats and sigs, I'm wondering why they just didn't put Rorer 714 all over the place. The Dude looks, sounds and plays like the shit's still in his blood stream. Not dissing talent or anything else, he's just got this constant quaalude vibe going on.
I wouldn't say in the least his playing is like that..thats the first time I've heard that. Misinformed man :Thumbs Maybe you just heard the live version of Knockin On Heavens Door where there was a reggae breakdown and that is probably the closest he and GNR got to stoner music. As for the looks he doesn't look strung out anymore...he quit everything including cigarettes and alcohol...now he Twitters & Facebooks!.

-- Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:33 pm --
Road King Police wrote: he's just got this constant quaalude vibe going on.

No quaalude vibe here.
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

Bountyhunter
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby Bountyhunter » 21 Dec 2010, 17:02

Road King Police wrote: The Dude looks, sounds and plays like the shit's still in his blood stream. Not dissing talent or anything else, he's just got this constant quaalude vibe going on.
You're not dissing, but he looks, sounds and plays like he's full of "quaaludes"? Sounds like you are to me.
The fact that my playing sounds like shit to you, makes it even more fun for me.

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 21 Dec 2010, 22:19

Road King Police wrote:No ludes here. I'll bet he did ton of quaaludes in his life. My non-wannabe opinion. I'll not mock yours. To the topic, signatures, autographs and logos never have meant much or impressed me. To each his own.
I think you're just jealous of him :Thumbs
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Slash1337 » 22 Dec 2010, 01:51

Who's Slash?
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 19 times

Postby crossroadsnyc » 24 Mar 2011, 12:21

surfnorthwest wrote:Rub a little of this on it, it will come off

Sorry for the delay, but thanks for the heads up on that stuff. I had never heard of it, but I have a bit of a bathroom project coming up, and it looks as if that could be of some real use in one area in particular. Thanks, man.

As for the amp, I opted to take a pass and wait to see what's around the corner. The YJM looks very interesting as well. In fact, I'm most tempted to see if this newer technology begins to work itself into other lines as well ... such as a 1987 w/the power attenuation/self biasing. That's the amp I regret having sold the most, and have come closest to replacing the most often ... it's just that I've had such fun with my VM the past 2+ years, that I haven't felt "gassed out", so to speak. Anyway, I just purchased a new "Beano" LP back in January, and though it sounds amazing w/the VM, I'm sitting on a very good excuse as to why I "need" a new amp to go with the new guitar ... hey, any excuse, right? :winking

Slashwannabe1, thanks for your passionate response. Your advice with respect to what to do with my money has been taken under advisement. Your keen observations on the intricacies of investments, tone, and overall musicianship are always very helpful. Keep up the solid work, man.

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 24 Mar 2011, 14:08

Why bother how an amp looks if the tone is good beats me? You can´t see the Slash logo from a distance anyway.

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby crossroadsnyc » 24 Mar 2011, 15:20

Mats A wrote:Why bother how an amp looks if the tone is good beats me? You can´t see the Slash logo from a distance anyway.

I guess I kind of look at the cartoon logo the same way I would if I were to find a nicely tailored suit, but with a Donald Trump logo sewn into the front. Some guys would dig that because they want to be associated with Donald Trump, whereas others would just be interested in the suit itself, and find the label rather tacky ... and if interested enough due to exceptional tailoring/etc., might look for a way to unstitch the sewn in Trump logo, and enjoy the suit itself w/out having an overt association. Make sense?

It's also for the same reason men recoil at the prospect of being set up with the girl described as having a "great personality" ... she may be great, but she's going to be fat. So yeah, she might be a lot of fun, and have this terrific personality and all, but how excited are you going to be waking up next to her every morning? I mean, at some point you're going to want to get her ass into the gym and fix up the looks to go w/the rest of the package.

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 25 Mar 2011, 16:11

crossroadsnyc wrote:
Mats A wrote:Why bother how an amp looks if the tone is good beats me? You can´t see the Slash logo from a distance anyway.

I guess I kind of look at the cartoon logo the same way I would if I were to find a nicely tailored suit, but with a Donald Trump logo sewn into the front. Some guys would dig that because they want to be associated with Donald Trump, whereas others would just be interested in the suit itself, and find the label rather tacky ... and if interested enough due to exceptional tailoring/etc., might look for a way to unstitch the sewn in Trump logo, and enjoy the suit itself w/out having an overt association. Make sense?

It's also for the same reason men recoil at the prospect of being set up with the girl described as having a "great personality" ... she may be great, but she's going to be fat. So yeah, she might be a lot of fun, and have this terrific personality and all, but how excited are you going to be waking up next to her every morning? I mean, at some point you're going to want to get her ass into the gym and fix up the looks to go w/the rest of the package.
As far as the analogy of waking up to a fat chick with the perfect personality,you're wrong on that (analogy was great but your end point was blurred)...first off if shes fat and that turns you off don't date her & lead her on, thats what you'd have been doing to the AFD100 leading it on...I mean its ok to get a bj but just leave then and don't buy!. If shes fat now she'll fall back on that wagon even after she gets skinny....I just don't date anyone, personalities are cheap and fat people have to be nice because they have no choice so why date somebody whos fake? and why not date somebody skinny with a good personality?

If it was a regular production amplifier like the Vintage Modern sure go nuts paint it pink and put yer mums picture on it who cares, but the rarity of an amplifier like the AFD100 to molest that is insane.

As I've said before I don't care whos signature name is on the amplifier its a sin to mod a rare piece of machinery. Its like putting a fucking gook wing on a rare original 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda. Just because you have money to buy that amplifier doesn't make it right or give you a free license to fuck a piece of iconic gear up. Its like watching the fattest ugliest guy in the world fuck the hot prom queen & give her herpies.

Thank God you passed up the chance to buy the AFD100.

crossroadsnyc wrote:Your advice with respect to what to do with my money has been taken under advisement.
And as for your money? why don't you stick it up your bum bum?.
1966 Fender Bandmaster

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 25 Mar 2011, 16:30

Been a lot of players who have taken delivery of their AFD100 now, while the enthusiasm is tempered by most, everyone seems to be very happy with it, and why not. I have yet to hear of any owner being disappointed.

Many rumors about what amps are up and coming from Marshall since this countdown went on their website. I hold that their current lineup is pretty damm strong. I truly am satisfied using a 2466, TSL/100 , and JMD; however I miss my Metro and the 1959 thing but that will be coming.

So what is it that you guys are after? What has Marshall come up short on in your opinion that you are waiting for?
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby crossroadsnyc » 25 Mar 2011, 20:03

Slashwannabe1 wrote:
crossroadsnyc wrote:

As far as the analogy of waking up to a fat chick with the perfect personality,you're wrong on that (analogy was great but your end point was blurred)...first off if shes fat and that turns you off don't date her & lead her on, thats what you'd have been doing to the AFD100 leading it on...I mean its ok to get a bj but just leave then and don't buy!. If shes fat now she'll fall back on that wagon even after she gets skinny....I just don't date anyone, personalities are cheap and fat people have to be nice because they have no choice so why date somebody whos fake? and why not date somebody skinny with a good personality?

If it was a regular production amplifier like the Vintage Modern sure go nuts paint it pink and put yer mums picture on it who cares, but the rarity of an amplifier like the AFD100 to molest that is insane.

As I've said before I don't care whos signature name is on the amplifier its a sin to mod a rare piece of machinery. Its like putting a fucking gook wing on a rare original 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda. Just because you have money to buy that amplifier doesn't make it right or give you a free license to fuck a piece of iconic gear up. Its like watching the fattest ugliest guy in the world fuck the hot prom queen & give her herpies.

Thank God you passed up the chance to buy the AFD100.

crossroadsnyc wrote:Your advice with respect to what to do with my money has been taken under advisement.
And as for your money? why don't you stick it up your bum bum?.

There are a lot of times you do make good points, it's just unfortunate that it's often lost in a haze of the bizarre. You know, It's again unfortunate, but to be perfectly candid with you, you, specifically, are the reason I really stopped coming to this forum quite some time ago (but you probably suspected that, didn't you?). You have a way of derailing nearly every single thread you hatefully interject yourself into. I don't suspect the reason you stopped dating has to do with anything other than the same reason your post count reflects the amount of time you spend by yourself ... like you have done w/me in the past, you have a nifty way of pushing people away.

In retrospect, I should have followed through in the assistance of your having been banned from this forum after you wrote me those physically threatening private messages (yes, that's another reason I stay away from here ... I find you to be a sick and dangerous person ... the textbook definition of a potential internet predator ... and with a family to look after, it's something I have to take seriously in this day and age) . Instead, as the adult, I explained your unexplainable behavior away, as perhaps you just having a bad day, and stuck up for you when discussing with the forum administration on whether you should be kicked out of here with a permanent ban. After following your outbreaks, attacks, and just overall bitter & hateful attitude over the time past (this has to be at least 2 years now), I can't help but wonder if I had made a mistake in judging your character. Really, you are a frighteningly unstable person and you should, for the sake of yourself, your neighbors, your community, and those you have already pushed away, get some real help. I'm sure the guitar helps you play through some of the pain you are obviously bothered with, but it goes way beyond that.

Your already predictable response will just further prove my point.

And for what it's worth, I think it's time to bring our past out into the light of the rest of the forum (for the safety of my family, as well as myself, and to have a more public record of past events), because I am absolutely not going to allow a repeat of what happened the last time (to which it had been suggested to me to contact your local police department in WI, and give a precautionary statement): if you physically threaten me, or my family again, it will not be the forum administrator I go to ... it will be the police in your home town (and don't think I didn't keep your vile threat filled messages ... the internet is filled with psychos, so you never know ... and you seriously give off the warning sings of someone to stay far away from). It took a lot for me to come back to this forum knowing full well it would be only a matter of days before you go on the attack, but I'm no longer going to let that ruin my enjoyment of being here. I've owned and played a hell of a lot of Marshall amps over the last 26 years, and I sure as hell love talking about them ... so maybe the best way to handle this is for me to refrain from responding to any of your threads/responses, and for you to refrain from responding to any of mine. We'll call it our "I don't exist, and you don't exist policy". Though I'm not going to ask for a reply as to if it sounds fair, I hope you will agree, and this doesn't need to escalate into what could be a very problematic area.

*this might be a good time to ask, but if there is a way to set preferences in which it allows us to block certain users from showing up on threads, could someone please pm me and let me know how it works? Meaning, that if someone posts a thread/response, that it wouldn't even show up on our end. I know I've seen that before ... just not sure if it's available here. Thanks in advance if so.

-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 pm --
surfnorthwest wrote:Been a lot of players who have taken delivery of their AFD100 now, while the enthusiasm is tempered by most, everyone seems to be very happy with it, and why not. I have yet to hear of any owner being disappointed.

Many rumors about what amps are up and coming from Marshall since this countdown went on their website. I hold that their current lineup is pretty damm strong. I truly am satisfied using a 2466, TSL/100 , and JMD; however I miss my Metro and the 1959 thing but that will be coming.

So what is it that you guys are after? What has Marshall come up short on in your opinion that you are waiting for?
Gotta be honest w/you, Surf, but Marshall isn't falling short on any expectations of mine. In fact, they are far surpassing what I had imagined even just five years ago, what we'd be seeing today, or in the near future. Companies have a way of going through peaks and valleys, and I think in another 25 years, we're going to be looking back at this block of years (say the birth of the VM to what we're seeing now and coming around the bend), as some of glory years.

I think my having backed off on many amps since picking up the VM 2+ years ago, has been due to the case of so many things having come out, I keep thinking "hmmm, what's next?" ... and since I enjoy the VM so much, I have had the patience level to just kind of take and wait and see approach. Funny enough, with all of the new things coming out, I'm still pulling in the direction of just getting another 1987x ... I really miss that amp.

I passed on the AFD100 for a lot of the reasons Slashwannabe1 mentioned earlier in the thread. Really, he's right in that my interest in the amp may only last a couple of years, and if I had defaced it, it would ruin the experience for the next owner ... undoubtedly a Slash fan. When you're talking about something that will have a sentimental value for someone, it goes far beyond the dollars spent or lost ... I just didn't want to ruin the experience for someone else. For me personally, I just liked the sounds I was hearing in the clips, so I thought that it could be a real winner ... but taking it all into consideration, I just felt the advice to take a pass was appropriate.

Ok, so what would I like? I'd love a 1987x w/the attenuation and self biasing. That's all.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 25 Mar 2011, 22:05

In retrospect, I should have followed through in the assistance of your having been banned from this forum after you wrote me those physically threatening private messages
Can't and won't allow threats in my house, that breaks the rules and disrespects me. Physical threats are grounds for immediate deletion of user accounts. Seeya.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Mats A » 26 Mar 2011, 02:37

I must admit i bought the amp in the first place much for the Power control. Then i heard the Slash launch video and i thought the amp sounded great. Then i figured tone is in the hands mostly and Slash got his tone out of normal non signature Marshalls like the VM. And as i thought i don´t sound like Slash at all on the AFD100. And that makes me glad because i´m no big fan of his tone. Too thin with not enough bottom for me. It´s just a great rock and roll Marshall with silver panel and a Slash logo on it. I´d rather play a good amp with someones logo or name on it than a bad sounding amp.

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby crossroadsnyc » 26 Mar 2011, 08:28

Mats A wrote:I must admit i bought the amp in the first place much for the Power control. Then i heard the Slash launch video and i thought the amp sounded great. Then i figured tone is in the hands mostly and Slash got his tone out of normal non signature Marshalls like the VM. And as i thought i don´t sound like Slash at all on the AFD100. And that makes me glad because i´m no big fan of his tone. Too thin with not enough bottom for me. It´s just a great rock and roll Marshall with silver panel and a Slash logo on it. I´d rather play a good amp with someones logo or name on it than a bad sounding amp.
You make a good point about finding your own tone, or other tones, in a signature amp. I could see the AFD100 being very flexible ... probably really good for those 80's hair metal tones such as Lynch/DeMartini/etc, huh?

How does it perform if you want to play the blues? I've heard it's not really voice for good clean sounds, but I haven't really heard any comment on playing the blues through it.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:39 am --
surfnorthwest wrote:
In retrospect, I should have followed through in the assistance of your having been banned from this forum after you wrote me those physically threatening private messages
Can't and won't allow threats in my house, that breaks the rules and disrespects me. Physical threats are grounds for immediate deletion of user accounts. Seeya.
I don't want to revisit that whole scene other than to issue a public thank you for your support in addressing it.

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Mats A » 26 Mar 2011, 09:30

I can get a good enough for me clean tone on the AFD by rolling back the volume on the guitar. No problem and i play a Les Paul with PAF´s. You can get a very good blues tone on the #34 mode especially. And the amp has less gain than OD1 orange and red on a JVM. Like somewhere in between green and orange.

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”