Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Papus
Paid to Shit
Paid to Shit
Has Liked: 80 times
Been liked: 896 times

Re: AFD100 Attenuation

Postby Papus » 19 Jan 2011, 17:03

When I was 14 my buddy and I would pick up random speakers from road-side junk and wire them up to a 30w Gorrilla and record ourselves blowing them up, slashing the cones, throwing rocks at them until they gave up the ghost.
Good times!
I've still got the tapes somewhere.....

To this day I have a deliberately slashed 12" Celestion that I've kept loaded in on of my 4x12's, sounds great for certain things.
It got wrecked at a backyard New Year's party - the band was closing with "My Generation", I'd consumed 2 bottles of Baileys plus beers and wine and sent the headstock of my Strat straight into the cone.
The host of the party stopped me mid-swing as I was using one of the cymbals to smash the neck of my Strat - thank god he stopped me coz I was hell-bent on destruction!
Dime that puppy!!!

toxx
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: AFD100 Attenuation

Postby toxx » 20 Jan 2011, 04:18

Thank you for answering, Kevin!

What I forgot to say - I think PowerScaling might be the most important invention in the guitar amplifier section since the Master-Volume. Really. If invented earlier, it could've been even more important.

It's what players waited for since the first guitarist had to play a miced amp ;).

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”