Marshall Haze Amps launched

Haze 40watt and 15 watt

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Forum rules
HAZE MHZ 15 HEAD- 15W, guitar head-unit, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X 6V6, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, nine knobs (effects adjust, effects depth, r, b, m, t, OD v, OD g, Clean v), power switch, effects switch, channel switch, bright switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 20.5 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ 40C COMBO - 40W, 1-12 in. Celestion G12T-66 speaker, guitar combo, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X EL34, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, 10 knobs (Normal Ch. v, OD Ch. v, OD Ch. g, t, m, b, p, r, effect depth, effects adjust), bright switch, boost switch (Normal Ch.), channel switch, boost switch (OD Ch.), effects switch, standby switch, power switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 44.7 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ112 SPEAKER CABINET - 1-12 in. Celestion G12-66 Marquee speaker, closed back, straight or angled front, designed for use with the Haze MHZ 15 Head, black covering, dark gray grille cloth with white piping and white script Marshall logo, mfg. 2009-2012.

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Marshall Haze Amps launched

Postby LivewireBlanco » 03 Apr 2009, 18:50

snatch wrote:doesnt sound to bad. not crazy about digital effects but if the price is right.........i wonder if you could mod the 15 to accept el34's or even el84's to give it a vox meets marshall vibe
Might as well buy the Night train.
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

coldsteal2
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Postby coldsteal2 » 05 Apr 2009, 03:58

they look sweet with the salt n pepper grill to
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu ... dID=678085

Marshall 2266 head
Marshall 900 100watt head
Marshall 800 100watt head (1989)
Marshall 1960A cab 2 G12H, and 2 G12M Heritiage Greenbacks
Marshall DSL 401 V-30
Marshall AVT50 V-30
Crate cab Celestion G12M 70s

jannne
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby jannne » 05 Apr 2009, 04:49

All you need with that full stack is a miniature Stonehenge and some dwarfs dancing around it:

[youtube][/youtube]

:Embaresed
Strat -> YJM308 -> 2266/DSL50 -> 4x12

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Bluesburst » 05 Apr 2009, 05:23

jannne wrote:All you need with that full stack is a miniature Stonehenge and some dwarfs dancing around it:
No problem getting a miniature Stonehenge but I couldn't afford Ronnie James Dio... :laugh
Be good... or be good at it!!!

Martin

AngusJimiKeith
<25
<25

Postby AngusJimiKeith » 09 Apr 2009, 13:44

only if the gain goes to 11!

....yes i realize that is probably the most overused meme in the entire movie...
Gear:
Gibson SG Faded
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Clone Theory
Marshall Guv'nor
Epiphone Valve Junior stack

Future Gear:
Vintage Modern 2266 head with 1936 2x12 cab
MXR M-117 flanger
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Gear Fund: $50 :(

MKB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby MKB » 10 Apr 2009, 05:56

I wanted to like the Haze head, but was completely turned off by the tone in the video on the Marshall web site. Too thick and mushy. I'm guessing it doesn't have a feedback loop as there is no presence control, this would account for the tone I heard. Very disappointed.

But the combo is a completely different amp. It is 40 watts with EL34's, where the head is 18 watts with 6V6's. The Doug Aldrich video earlier in the thread was amazing, now THAT sounds like a Marshall should. Also notice he never demos the stack, just the combo. It also looks like the combo has a presence control, and the lows are tight and clear, so it sounds like it has a feedback loop. It even looks like a Marshall combo should. $699 at Musicians Friend!! In any case, I've been craving a Marshall combo for years now; and I am dying to try a Haze combo out. Just hope that the cab is plywood and not particle board (particle board makes it TOO heavy...) :pray

coldsteal2
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Been liked: 1 time

Postby coldsteal2 » 10 Apr 2009, 13:26

I like the looks of the mini stack but i really love the Combo
I have been wanting a better replacement for my DSL 401 and think
i just found it, i dont presently have any Marshalls with EL34's and love
the tone Doug was getting on the combo, cant loose at $699
Love the Closed ported back on the combo for better low end
also love the Salt n Pepper grill cloth, would look great with a Gold/White
nameplate

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 10 Apr 2009, 17:15

Well, I have been thinking about and researching this one and I just haven't gotten that stoked on it. I will give it a try when I can find one locally but a made in India, onboard effects amp that looks cool just isn't getting me all excited. Not in a big hurry but the Maz 18 is sure looking better all the time. This Haze seems pointed at the intermediate market, younger players, bedroom players so on. It fits in the gap between the MG series and the VM, JVM isn't it? I don't know, never pass judgement till you get to play one, I would love to be wrong. This seems like one people will get and maybe try to mod out, change the speaker, trick out the board so on, who knows.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 10 Apr 2009, 17:19

I just hope this isn't Marshall's answer to the Orange Tiny Terror, Vox Night Train & similar amps. :pray

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 10 Apr 2009, 17:30

slowpokerhino wrote:I just hope this isn't Marshall's answer to the Orange Tiny Terror, Vox Night Train & similar amps. :pray
Yeah, me too.

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 10 Apr 2009, 22:07

MKB wrote:I wanted to like the Haze head, but was completely turned off by the tone in the video on the Marshall web site. Too thick and mushy. I'm guessing it doesn't have a feedback loop as there is no presence control, this would account for the tone I heard. Very disappointed.

But the combo is a completely different amp. It is 40 watts with EL34's, where the head is 18 watts with 6V6's. The Doug Aldrich video earlier in the thread was amazing, now THAT sounds like a Marshall should. Also notice he never demos the stack, just the combo. It also looks like the combo has a presence control, and the lows are tight and clear, so it sounds like it has a feedback loop. It even looks like a Marshall combo should. $699 at Musicians Friend!! In any case, I've been craving a Marshall combo for years now; and I am dying to try a Haze combo out. Just hope that the cab is plywood and not particle board (particle board makes it TOO heavy...) :pray
That thick and mushy comes from the 6V6 tubes. The combo with EL34s is more of the "typical marshall" sound. I definitely want to try one in person!
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 13 Apr 2009, 17:50

Kongels wrote:This Haze seems pointed at the intermediate market, younger players, bedroom players so on. It fits in the gap between the MG series and the VM, JVM isn't it?
yeah thats kinda what i thought too!! seems like its bridgin the gap a bit!!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 19 Apr 2009, 04:13

Dirty Dog wrote:So Steve D is this what you've been working on :think
No, this project was not mine.

Projects I am working on however should be surfacing in the not too distant future. There's some cool stuff in the pipeline.

Now that's all yer gettin for now! :winking
Still my guitar gently weeps

jannne
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby jannne » 19 Apr 2009, 04:35

Keep us posted...

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 19 Apr 2009, 17:28

SteveD wrote: Projects I am working on however should be surfacing in the not too distant future. There's some cool stuff in the pipeline.

Now that's all yer gettin for now! :winking
Cool!! cant wait to see what ya'v come up with!!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Return to “Marshall Haze”