Moderator: longfxukxnhair

MarshallInTown
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

JTM1 combo.. speaker model and ohms???

Postby MarshallInTown » 01 Mar 2012, 12:21

well, Ive finally tried one JTM1C and although I was one of the blamers of the 1W thing I have to say that this thing rocks very much like a JTM (Im a JTM-freak), a bit more trebley but very very good sounds... Im tempted to get one but the speaker doesnt get me at 100% its a bit weak with lows gettin an annoyin' muffled sound on power chords with an LP with tone rolled to 4, do you know what speaker model (and its impedance) its in there ??
thanks for any info

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: JTM1 combo.. speaker model and ohms???

Postby surfnorthwest » 01 Mar 2012, 12:40

The speaker is a 10 inch Celestion proprietary to Marshall. There are speaker hookups for both 8 and 16 ohms. I think you might need to give the speaker a few hours to break in before you give up on it.

I have the head and love it. With the volume around 2-4 its JTM all the way. Take the volume control (gain) to 6-10 and it has more gain then a JTM. GREAT AMPS.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

MarshallInTown
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: JTM1 combo.. speaker model and ohms???

Postby MarshallInTown » 01 Mar 2012, 13:15

yeah its very gainy but I consider that "a plus" ;-) I took the vol control at 6 and tone at 3 it gives me more the full on 10 tone a la BB-Clapton but I still consider the speaker not good enough usually when they break the y got smoother while this one needs to be tighter on the bottom end, If I could know the impedance I could consider taking the combo as I have a G10M 8ohm at home

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”