Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

50th Bluesbreaker Collectors Package

Postby surfnorthwest » 07 Aug 2012, 17:43

Got to give my guy at Sweetwater props. He calls me today a literally asked me if I was going to be interested in the collectors package. He doesn't have one but said he could get one. I asked the price and he did not know yet. Told him hell yes I am interested but the deal is contingent on a good enough excuse that the wife would go for. :bgrin

Anyways the attached .pdf has a couple of beautiful pictures and some detail on the guitar. Enjoy and dream.
Attachments
Marshall50th.pdf
Marshall 50th
(449.8 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Re: 50th Bluesbreaker Collectors Package

Postby gtrman » 08 Aug 2012, 00:06

Hell yes I'm interested .. what a beautiful Goldtop !
But doing some house maintenance now so bad timing .. but my guess it's going to be out of my price range for a new major purchase.
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

Soulcaster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 499 times
Been liked: 350 times

Postby Soulcaster » 08 Aug 2012, 02:12

Somebody drank the whiskey :think

That is the ultimate guitar/amp combo imo....the LP in particular is a work of art.

MARSHALL AFD100
REYNOLDS SKUNKWORX MODDED PLEXI100
MARSHAL CLASS 5
MARSHALL JCM900 4500
MARSHALL SLP1959
MARSHALL JCM800 2203
MARSHALL 2555x

blue
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby blue » 08 Aug 2012, 02:57

i've no idea how much the package is going to cost, but the price i've seen for the amp alone is just over £4,500.00!! so i'd imagine you'd be looking at maybe double that for the whole package.

awesome certainly, if anyone can manage it i'm sure they'll love it! :) just make sure we see some pictures

djw171
CODE #1 Owner
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 86 times

Postby djw171 » 08 Aug 2012, 05:53

Yeah that is nice!
Andertons.co.uk have 2 of the amps in stock according to their site.

btw they also have pictures of the 1936V 2x12 with JTM grill cloth and JMP grill cloth. A nice match for the 50th heads I think!
They are also listing prices on the DSL and JVM's.
Attachments
jmp.jpg
jmp.jpg (5.7 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
jtm.jpg
jtm.jpg (4.91 KiB) Viewed 2074 times

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby aristotle » 08 Aug 2012, 06:27

Huh... I got an email from Sweetwater yesterday from my amp guy there. Just a message alerting to the deals that they have. Anyway, I emailed back and asked about the 50th bluesbreaker, and he didn't even know what I was talking about. Sent me back a message with a link to a standard bluesbreaker reissue. I had to send him a link to the Anderton's site just to let him know what it was. I was surprised that he didn't know what it was. In any case, I asked to be put on a list, even said that I'd drop a deposit. Only response was that they don't know pricing yet. It surprised me because Sweetwater is usually on top os stuff.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Aug 2012, 08:37

aristotle wrote:Huh... I got an email from Sweetwater yesterday from my amp guy there. Just a message alerting to the deals that they have. Anyway, I emailed back and asked about the 50th bluesbreaker, and he didn't even know what I was talking about. Sent me back a message with a link to a standard bluesbreaker reissue. I had to send him a link to the Anderton's site just to let him know what it was. I was surprised that he didn't know what it was. In any case, I asked to be put on a list, even said that I'd drop a deposit. Only response was that they don't know pricing yet. It surprised me because Sweetwater is usually on top os stuff.
Your seriously considering investing in one of these? Man what a cool thing to have. Giving the numbers released worlwide I dont think you will loose any money on it , they should go up in value.

My wife is cool and doesn't mind 1-2k here and there, but 10k would take a ass kissing marathon.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul

Postby aristotle » 08 Aug 2012, 10:29

surfnorthwest wrote:
aristotle wrote:Huh... I got an email from Sweetwater yesterday from my amp guy there. Just a message alerting to the deals that they have. Anyway, I emailed back and asked about the 50th bluesbreaker, and he didn't even know what I was talking about. Sent me back a message with a link to a standard bluesbreaker reissue. I had to send him a link to the Anderton's site just to let him know what it was. I was surprised that he didn't know what it was. In any case, I asked to be put on a list, even said that I'd drop a deposit. Only response was that they don't know pricing yet. It surprised me because Sweetwater is usually on top os stuff.
Your seriously considering investing in one of these? Man what a cool thing to have. Giving the numbers released worlwide I dont think you will loose any money on it , they should go up in value.

My wife is cool and doesn't mind 1-2k here and there, but 10k would take a ass kissing marathon.
As much as I like Les Pauls, I'd be most up for the amp itself. As I understand it, there aren't many available that way. I probably would go for the pair though, and it won't involve kissing my girlfriend's ass (not that I'm entirely against that...) Not sure ultimately how they'd retain their value, but I don't think that I'd lose my shirt if I needed to get rid of it.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 09 Aug 2012, 12:01

Nobody has the 50th Anniversary Bluesbreaker in stock yet, I don't care what it says on their website, it isn't getting built until September.

There will be 100 pieces of the limited edition version. 50 will be paired with the Gibson Les Paul package. They are all sold to distributors already so once they are gone they are gone.
Still my guitar gently weeps

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 09 Aug 2012, 12:05

Good to know, there were websites claiming to have the JVM1 in stock also. Always good to get the facts
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

captaincrunch
<25
<25
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby captaincrunch » 12 Aug 2012, 04:28

man i would love to own one of these :drool but at £4,599 it aint gonna happen, i paid a lot less than that for the 40th full stack with eight of those speakers.

oh well i can put this one to bed now i have seen the price :rip .

gotta take my hat off to marshall for finally doing this amp though, and i am sure it will sound mega.

Woody81
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Woody81 » 01 Sep 2012, 04:03

As we get closer to the release date of these amps (I have one on order and have been told to expect it in the shop around Sept 29th ish) does anyone have any more info to whet my appetite..

Everything I have heard makes me think that this amp will be revered for years to come as the closest anyone will get to having bought one in the sixties.. I'm told that wherever was possible, they used the same parts (transistors, wiring, etc) as the original..

Anything to satisfy me for the next four weeks would be massively appreciated..!!

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 01 Sep 2012, 06:11

There is only one person who can honestly answer you, and if you look a couple of posts above you the man who designed this and was responsible for "getting it correct" is here. SteveD. Perhaps send him a PM and ask a specific question.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul

Postby aristotle » 01 Sep 2012, 15:38

If it's anything like the JTM45 Offset package from 2001, or the JTM45/100 40th Anniversary stack it'll be outstanding. Same deal with those I think. A vintage example was used to spec components to get as close to possible to the original.

captaincrunch
<25
<25
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby captaincrunch » 02 Sep 2012, 01:45

what he said if it's anything like my 40th stack it will be amazing, dont forget to post some pics when you get it.

best wishes
cc

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”