Moderator: longfxukxnhair

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: The new 50th amps

Postby JkGriffin » 23 Jan 2012, 23:31

surfnorthwest wrote:At NAMM Marshall introduced 6 new amps, pretty damm good start I would say. The five 1 watt heads/combos and the limited Bluesbreaker which is also Steve's project. Marshall was able to keep the intro of the Blues Breaker and the Les Paul quite until the show.
As with the 1W's I'm slightly dissapointed again, but this time for a completely another reason... where is the info on the Bluesbreaker/Les Paul combo. That one tickles my curiosity but so far you are the only one really comming with a little info on it. Other places it is hardly mentioned at all, while you took some pictures at least.

When, how many, specifications, for how long... and how much?
This goes for both the Gibbo and BB.

Probably this is more expensive than I'm willing to pay, but then again... I thought that about the AFD/YJM as well.
I didn't get the YJM, but it wasn't the cost that stopped me

bmi
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Postby bmi » 24 Jan 2012, 06:22

ykcor1138 wrote:Steve your amps are the best!!! Vintage Modern rules!!!! Thanks again for making the best amp ever.
SteveD wrote:Just the JMP1.
I agree.

By the way i don't understand why all artists have just sa...go in the mouth. What they are afraid about?
Did he bought a big bunch of Marshall actions? (at the UK stock exchange)
For me the AFD project had a great potential and the result is...small.
The guy who made the jmp1 was brillant. Who knows him? Who talks about him? Nobody, so...
Then there is one who comes and borks the AFD's project and everybody talk about him?
What happend here?

Of course it's just my point of view, but small guys make small projects and Marshall is huge.
When you do a project you do it only one time. Now, for me, the AFD project is dead.

Hope Steve will stay a long time in the Marshall company and will be hired again for a lot of big projects.(anniversary and signatures of course)

Steven Latch
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Steven Latch » 24 Jan 2012, 06:34

I was really excpecting a revised JCM800 at Namm. With the AFD and the YJM we've had the benefits of self-bias and ETA. A JCM800 with those features, or at silver jubilee reissue with those goodies would have been nice.

So far these are nice announcement but for a 50th anniversary, it is still a little tame. I believe/hope Marshall has something else in store.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 24 Jan 2012, 07:56

Steven Latch wrote:I was really excpecting a revised JCM800 at Namm. With the AFD and the YJM we've had the benefits of self-bias and ETA. A JCM800 with those features, or at silver jubilee reissue with those goodies would have been nice.

So far these are nice announcement but for a 50th anniversary, it is still a little tame. I believe/hope Marshall has something else in store.
2012 is a long year Steve, Marshall just took the stage. The concert will have some more songs and a encore or two.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Steven Latch
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Steven Latch » 24 Jan 2012, 08:24

I think you are right! It's actually quite rewarding to see the company revisiting classic designs and adding no-nonsense features such as those. Really eager to see what's up next...

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 24 Jan 2012, 14:33

Steven Latch wrote:I was really excpecting a revised JCM800 at Namm. With the AFD and the YJM we've had the benefits of self-bias and ETA. A JCM800 with those features, or at silver jubilee reissue with those goodies would have been nice.

The self bias would be nice to have on many Marshalls. The EPA is not working that good but still if they put it on the amps you could just use it on full power. Although it´s one more thing in the amp that can fail.

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”