Moderator: longfxukxnhair

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Slash GC demo w/ VM.

Postby slowpokerhino » 24 Apr 2009, 16:20

Not very impressive, but I know there are quite a few Slash fans here so..

[youtube][/youtube]

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Slash GC demo w/ VM.

Postby surfnorthwest » 24 Apr 2009, 18:06

He seemed very uncomfortable to me. And what the heck with his LP going out of whack every couple of seconds :dunno
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 24 Apr 2009, 18:49

He didn't have a pick for the first part of the video and that interviewer seemed to nag a bit, plus he seemed very nervious on top of all that. Not the best showing of what Slash and a VM can do of course!.

A couple of the Sweet Child O Mine Runs were cool.
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

MKB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby MKB » 24 Apr 2009, 18:59

One interesting thing about this video is that it captures a bit of the sizzliness the VM has when its volume is set too low. Part of this could also be due to the speakers not being broken in. Working properly, it should sound a bit smoother than that.

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 24 Apr 2009, 20:33

the best part was at 7.00!! IMO!!! some nice blues there!!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 25 Apr 2009, 14:35

MKB wrote:One interesting thing about this video is that it captures a bit of the sizzliness the VM has when its volume is set too low. Part of this could also be due to the speakers not being broken in. Working properly, it should sound a bit smoother than that.
I think its deffinitly the speakers not being broken in.

I first connected my VM 2466 to my Fender Bandmaster 2x12 cab with Jensen C-12 50 watt each speakers and that cab is going 43 years old so lots of break in time on the speakers and there is none of the sizzle sound anywhere.

On my new cab I bought with brand spanking new Jensen Mod 12-50s they sounded boarderline horrible on any amp I tried them on complete with the dreaded sizzle and everything and were way too bright on until I decided to play the crap out of them on my VM at full volume (hoping they would blow up) and they finally broke in and now they sound absolutly stunning! It happened so fast that one day i fired up the amp and the low volume and high volume tone I always wanted was sitting there in front of me, I was finally playing with a whole deck of cards.

The fact of the matter is you will never break them in, in a timely manner unless you blast that amplifier consistantly at 8-9 on the master volume for an hour everyday for a week. I'm sure over time something like 4-6 on the Master Volume might eventually break in the speakers but not as fast as 9 on the MV did.

I now possess a sizzle free Rig, and none of it was ever the VM's fault.
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer

VMGravy
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0

Postby VMGravy » 25 Apr 2009, 20:26

Dude was high, and sweet child of crap is a bad bad song

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 25 Apr 2009, 22:35

VMGravy wrote:Dude was high, and sweet child of crap is a bad bad song

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 26 Apr 2009, 15:34

Thats practically the biggest Rock Ballad ever. I think you are the one who is high.

You only wish you could make as much money in your life time as Slash makes off of Sweet Child O Mine Royalty's in any given hour of sales on a daily basis 22 years after that single was released. Obviously Sweet Child O Mine wasn't too bad for you to watch Slash play it.

Keep your snotty opinions to yourself.
1966 Fender Bandmaster

Lordakamai
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby Lordakamai » 26 Apr 2009, 15:48

please don't make this topic become the same as "BlueFlames 1969 Randy Rhodes Plexi Replica"
In the end, all you can rely on is your good old guitar

TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 27 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby TonyC » 26 Apr 2009, 15:57

Slashwannabe1 wrote:
Thats practically the biggest Rock Ballad ever.
Ever heard of "Stairway to Heaven"? :whatever

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 26 Apr 2009, 17:18

TonyC wrote:
Slashwannabe1 wrote:
Not a fan of it at all, Sweet Child consistantly ranks a few spots above it in most polls and sales lists. While I do think Jimmy Page is very talented, Stairway wasn't exactly the best vehicle to show his extreme talent, even though for some it may be "the" song to show your friends who never heard of Led Zep. Its also illegal to play that song in any music store in the World, just ask the owner of the store you frequent :jam .
1966 Fender Bandmaster

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times

Postby DeanM » 26 Apr 2009, 18:18

TonyC wrote:
Slashwannabe1 wrote:
haha true :clap
or bohemian rhapsody??

stairway may not be the best way to illustrate page's talent (altho that solo...come on! def one of the greatest rock songs ever!!!) neither is Sweet child of mine the best way to show slash's talents. i do love that song but only listen to it sparingly as i dont wanna over listen to it! cos it is one of those songs that mite get annoyin if listened too much! slash wasn even into that song for a long time n said he only really got into it when he realised it was gettin too big to ignore.
Slashwannabe1 wrote:Sweet Child consistantly ranks a few spots above it in most polls and sales lists
and if any1s interested (prob not! :bgrin )....just for the laugh i googled Top rock songs ever, 10 greatest rock songs n that type of thing. looked at about 10 dif lists and not once was sweet child of mine higher than stairway. wasn even close to it!! stairway was No.1 for half of em or else 2nd 3rd or 4rth. SCOM was usually further down than that and not even in a few of em.
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 26 Apr 2009, 18:37

DeanM wrote:
TonyC wrote:
Slashwannabe1 wrote:
haha true :clap
or bohemian rhapsody??

stairway may not be the best way to illustrate page's talent (altho that solo...come on! def one of the greatest rock songs ever!!!) neither is Sweet child of mine the best way to show slash's talents. i do love that song but only listen to it sparingly as i dont wanna over listen to it! cos it is one of those songs that mite get annoyin if listened too much! slash wasn even into that song for a long time n said he only really got into it when he realised it was gettin too big to ignore.
Slashwannabe1 wrote:Sweet Child consistantly ranks a few spots above it in most polls and sales lists
and if any1s interested (prob not! :bgrin )....just for the laugh i googled Top rock songs ever, 10 greatest rock songs n that type of thing. looked at about 10 dif lists and not once was sweet child of mine higher than stairway. wasn even close to it!! stairway was No.1 for half of em or else 2nd 3rd or 4rth. SCOM was usually further down than that and not even in a few of em.
I'm sure you could find a list with any song at #1 for whatever reason. Guitar World ranked Sweet Child O Mine as the greatest Riff ever :) Guitar Player mag for Guitar players.
1966 Fender Bandmaster

VMGravy
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby VMGravy » 26 Apr 2009, 18:46

Slashwannabe1 wrote:
Thats practically the biggest Rock Ballad ever. I think you are the one who is high.

You only wish you could make as much money in your life time as Slash makes off of Sweet Child O Mine Royalty's in any given hour of sales on a daily basis 22 years after that single was released. Obviously Sweet Child O Mine wasn't too bad for you to watch Slash play it.

Keep your snotty opinions to yourself.

Ya well lets quote of the a song ten times better then sweet child of crap " we both no money burns" cuz he can make all the money in the world and my opinion of the song aint gonna change. Dude i bought his siganture epi i like the fucker, the fact is the song for me sucks pure and simple. I gave his ass money on that one. The simple fact is i like tha band for the raunchy hard edged shit they produced not some fukin list aprroved top ten ballad that the masses will comsume like toilet paper and move on the the next. So my asshole like my opinoin will spit out waht it needs to. ROCK AND FUKIN ROLL!!!!!

Return to “Roadhouse Sound Check”