Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Strymon Big Sky Reverb

Postby surfnorthwest » 13 Oct 2013, 09:39

I think more of a studio tool then a gigging reverb. The thing sounds killer.

http://www.strymon.net/bigsky/

[youtube][/youtube]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

FullBend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 276 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: Strymon Big Sky Reverb

Postby FullBend » 13 Oct 2013, 13:23

Thought that was a typo at first, since I have a blueSky, but yep, it's Big Sky--a new product. That was a very compelling video. Many of the sounds remind me of what you can get when you combine the blueSky with the TimeLine or Mobius, so thank goodness I don't feel the urge to buy one. Strymon has eaten quite a lot of my funds already (but no regrets--worth it).
Marshall: Vintage Modern 2466, JTM-1H, JMP-1C, JCM-1H, DSL-1H, JVM-1H, SV20H. Fender: Deluxe Reverb, Blues Deluxe. Vox AC10C1, Line 6 FlexTone III Plus, 1936V 2x12 cab, StoneAge custom 1x12 cab, Les Pauls, ES-175C, Strat, Tele, various acoustic guitars and pedals.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 13 Oct 2013, 16:14

The Strymon stuff is really expensive but high quality. This is a good pedal but I will stick with my Supernatural Reverb.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Cipher
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 323 times
Been liked: 229 times

Postby Cipher » 13 Oct 2013, 17:14

surfnorthwest wrote:The Strymon stuff is really expensive but high quality. This is a good pedal but I will stick with my Supernatural Reverb.
I just tried out the Supernatural @ PGS a couple days ago, all I can say is wow! I'll be getting one soon.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 13 Oct 2013, 17:22

Cipher wrote:
surfnorthwest wrote:The Strymon stuff is really expensive but high quality. This is a good pedal but I will stick with my Supernatural Reverb.
I just tried out the Supernatural @ PGS a couple days ago, all I can say is wow! I'll be getting one soon.

I have had mine for a year now and absolutely love it. I brought a couple of them with me to London and gave one to Steve Dawson and one to Chris George. They are only available through PGS.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

Cipher
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 323 times
Been liked: 229 times

Postby Cipher » 13 Oct 2013, 19:56

surfnorthwest wrote: I have had mine for a year now and absolutely love it. I brought a couple of them with me to London and gave one to Steve Dawson and one to Chris George. They are only available through PGS.
Ah, gifts for Steve And Chris, you certainly know where to butter your bread! Somehow I missed the fact that the Supernatural is a PGS exclusive. Good thing it's local!

Mike_LA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 712 times
Been liked: 455 times

Postby Mike_LA » 14 Oct 2013, 13:59

Yep, very lush production in the promo piece.

Luckily it doesn't stir my G.A.S. which is fortunate since the only effect that I use is a reverb.

I love the 6G15 Fender clone that I built, no where near as much control of sound choice but plenty fine for me.

6101 // DSL-1H // JVM-1H // DSL1C // AVT50 // JTM30 // MS-2 // Vox // Orange // Fender // Avid // Peavy // :Thumbs

Return to “Guitar Effects”